Lever for Change is looking for an Administrator to provide broad, professional administrative support to various Lever for Change departments, focusing primarily on support for the CEO and the Philanthropy, Knowledge Management, Marketing/Communications, and Operations teams.
Lever for Change connects donors with bold solutions to the world’s biggest problems—including issues like racial inequity, gender inequality, lack of access to economic opportunity, and climate change. Using an inclusive, equitable model and due diligence process, Lever for Change creates customized challenges and other tailored funding opportunities. Top-ranked teams and challenge finalists become members of the Bold Solutions Network—a growing global network that helps secure additional funding, amplify members’ impact, and accelerate social change. Founded in 2019 as a nonprofit affiliate of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Lever for Change has influenced nearly $950 million in grants to date and provided support to more than 145 organizations. To learn more, visit www.leverforchange.org.
The Administrator, Lever for Change provides broad, professional administrative support to various Lever for Change departments, focusing primarily on support for the CEO and the Philanthropy, Knowledge Management, Marketing/Communications and Operations teams. The role requires strong multi-task abilities, detail orientation and a drive to take initiative and help the Lever for Change team with a wide range of projects and functions. This position helps to ensure that systems, processes and practices operate smoothly, efficiently and effectively. The Administrator maintains knowledge of all organizational policies and procedures and stays up-to-date on Lever for Change’s work and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrator’s duties and responsibilities will vary from assignment to assignment, depending upon organizational needs. In most cases, Administrator would be likely to:
- Assist with budget-related activities, and vendor contracts (via Workday)
- Assist CEO with research tasks, surveys and other projects
- Support COO with annual budget preparation as well as tracking budget and expense items
- Provide general proofreading and editing and/or perform writing assignments
- Help with data clean-up/hygiene activities related to our databases/CRM, including Salesforce
- Schedule and manage logistics for team or department meetings
- Serve as primary manager of CEO’s calendar
- Arrange and coordinate calendars and travel for CEO, leaders of the Philanthropy, Knowledge Management, Marketing/Communications and Operations teams and others, as needed
- Create and update a Lever for Change master calendar
- Schedule and manage logistics and AV needs for leadership meetings, team or vendor meetings
- Monitor and screen incoming email from [email protected]
- Act as a liaison with Information Technology/Global Service desk in identifying and resolving technology and systems requirements and issues for the team
- Provide onboarding support for new staff, including managing onboarding materials and documents, adding staff to org chart and distribution lists, creating shared mailboxes and adding new users
- Assist with the production of board materials
- Create and manage Dropbox folders for leadership team members
- Process expense reports for CEO and leaders of Philanthropy, Knowledge Management, Marketing/Communications and Operations teams
- Participate in meetings and serve as recorder of critical tasks, discussions, and decisions
- Coordinate document and information management tasks
- Manage general office management duties, i.e., pantry set-up, nameplates, business cards, etc.
- Assist with special projects and workflow as requested
- Participate in Lever for Change internal working groups, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a BA/BS
- Six or more years of professional experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Able to take initiative and work proactively
- A presence that is self-confident and diplomatic with a collegial approach to work, and high professional standards
- Technologically savvy
- Able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Trustworthy, respectful, and committed to excellence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM software)
- Knowledge of event planning and communication best practices.
- Experience with mail merge, Pardot, Eventbrite, Zoom Webinars, or other relevant platforms is a plus
- Experience with Asana, Airtable or other project management software
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign in particular)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The work environment is an office setting. Intermittent physical activities will include bending, reaching, sitting, and walking during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job.
The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.Apply