Lever for Change, a nonprofit affiliate of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, helps donors to find and fund solutions to the world’s greatest challenges, ranging from racial and gender equity to economic development and climate change. Building on the success of the MacArthur Foundation’s $100 million competition, 100&Change, Lever for Change customizes and manages open and transparent competitions for donors. In addition, we match donors with nonprofits and social enterprises in our Bold Solutions Network whose solutions to significant social challenges were highly ranked after rigorous evaluation in one of our competitions. The Marketing and Communications Intern will help support the visual branding and graphic design work of the Marketing and Communications team. Lever for Change is a small, dynamic team with a start-up culture. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, hard-working young professional to build a portfolio of nonprofit and philanthropic projects.
General Summary of Internship:
- Assist with marketing materials redesign/refresh
- Help update existing Lever for Change branding guidelines
- Work with Marketing Communications Associate to design a Communications Guide
- Join creative sessions with vendors to help update visual branding on our website and emails
- Explore improvements to visual branding on social channels for greater engagement and impact
- Other duties as assigned
- Formal or in-house graphic design training preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- A great eye for design is essential
- Ability to understand the needs of a team and suggest creative solutions to practical problems
- Positive “can-do” attitude and a willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done
- English fluency (spoken and written) required
- A passion for social justice required
The Foundation’s Chicago-based staff is working remotely from home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 at least through June 30, 2021. At this time, the internship is expected to be a full remote/virtual experience.