Indigenous Peoples’ Day honors the past, present, and futures of Native peoples throughout the US. At Lever for Change, we celebrate the outstanding projects in our Bold Solutions Network that are committed to American Indian, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiian populations. We invite you to support one of these highly vetted projects centering Native voices, stories, and issues.
About Lever for Change
Lever for Change is a nonprofit affiliate of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. We help donors find and fund solutions to the world’s greatest challenges. We do this in two primary ways:
- We develop and manage customized philanthropic grant challenges that award a minimum of $10 million in funding (payable over five years) to rigorously evaluated proposals and provide other tailored opportunities to help donors find and fund bold solutions with significant social impact. Past challenges have addressed economic mobility, gender equality, strengthening democracy, and climate change.
- We connect donors with highly rated projects in our Bold Solutions Network, a growing global network of Lever for Change challenge finalists, to help members secure additional funding and amplify their impact.
Navigating this U.S. Indigenous Peoples Curated List
Proposals featured in this collection are listed in alphabetical order by project name. These projects were highly rated after a rigorous evaluation process in one of our challenges. You will find a brief snapshot for each proposal where you can gather key organizational details and project information that was captured during the challenge process.
These organizations are ready to solve critical problems and are seeking resources to implement their solutions. Please contact Dana Rice, VP of Philanthropy at Lever for Change, if you are interested in any of the following:
- Requesting additional information about a proposal: We are happy to provide you with an organization’s full proposal and a summary of evaluations and due diligence, if available.
- Connecting with the organizations: We can also facilitate introductions to the organizations featured on this list so you can learn more about their work and ask specific funding questions.
- Supporting the organizations: Ready to support one of these compelling solutions? We can answer questions you may have about how to best support the selected proposal(s) and/or organization(s).
- Requesting another curated list: If you have other philanthropic interest areas, we’d be happy to share additional curated lists of highly rated proposals submitted and evaluated in one of our challenges.