Lever for Change is excited to launch Swift Grants – a new funding opportunity for Bold Solutions Network members offering small grants of up to $25,000 for collaborative projects.
We believe bold solutions come in all sizes – even small projects, like an awareness campaign or a virtual networking conference, can make a big impact and help change lives. With Swift Grants, Lever for Change is looking to support partnership building between Bold Solutions Network members to tackle the world’s most pressing problems on a small scale. Organizations that are a part of the top 100 proposals for the 100&Change competition, as well as finalists in Lever for Change’s competitions, will have the chance to apply for grants up to $25,000 to work on collaborative, small-scale projects.
The Swift Grants fund intends to foster collaboration among Bold Solution Network members. Over the past year, members from various fields have connected and shared expertise through our capacity-building offerings. We have seen relationships being built and strengthened as organizations realize the similarities they have in challenges, barriers, and mission goals. Through collaborative small projects, Bold Solutions Network members can combine resources for social impact and work together to achieve a common goal. Lever for Change wants to provide an outlet for continued collaboration and opportunities for the world’s top changemakers to leverage expertise and find intersectional solutions for the world’s most pressing problems.
Swift Grant applications must be submitted by at least two Bold Solutions Network members to be considered. Lever for Change will give preference to projects that implement or expand an impactful service or program, enhance organizational capacity that will result in improved outcomes for beneficiaries, and use an intersectional approach to address problems.
Learn more about the Swift Grants application process and eligibility requirements below.
How to apply
Swift Grants can be used for the following projects:
- Expansion, replication, or improvements to a service or program
- Organizational strategy development
- Time and space for collaborative learning, mentoring, workshopping, field-building, and/or networking for practitioners and key stakeholders
- Improvements or implementation of communications strategies, campaigns, or awareness initiatives
- Small research project
- Free, public events (talks, panels, performances) involving two or more Members from different areas of expertise or domains of work
In light of COVID-19, we are supporting online events, and funds can also be used to:
- Support coordinating response efforts related to COVID-19 – for example, efforts to provide information, combat misinformation, and mobilize volunteers; and
- Support efforts related to crisis planning/strategy/sustainability
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Swift Grants:
- All applicants must be Bold Solution Network members.
- Competition awardees are excluded from applying.
- At least one Bold Solutions Network member applying must be a lead organization. Partner organizations are welcomed to apply with lead organizations.
- Applicants must have attended at least one Bold Solutions Network offering, and/or taken advantage of their Catchafire membership. See the full list of offerings on our Members Page.
- Applicants must be a registered non-profit 501c3 organization or international equivalent.
Application Scoring Rubric
Applications will be scored out of 20 points based on the criteria below by Lever for Change staff.
- Clarity of Issue and Impact (5 points) – Explanation of issue to be addressed and impact of proposed project is clear. Beneficiaries of project and/or metrics of success are clearly outlined.
- Collaboration (5 points) – Proposed project involves two or more Bold Solutions Network members. Proposed project leverages existing resources, expertise, and programs.
- Feasibility (5 points) – Proposed project can be completed using the allotted $25,000 grant (can be combined with existing funds) and within the timeframe of a year. Budget is sensible and appropriate.
- Impact (5 points) – Proposed project offers benefits and improvements to your organization and the individuals and/or communities served.
If you have any questions about Swift Grants or the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.